Traineeships are a combination of “earning and learning” and can be offered to new and existing staff in a wide variety of areas. They are recognised as one of the best ways to achieve a nationally recognised qualification. Employers of trainees enjoy better staff retention and commitment, increased productivity and improved customer service. Trainees can attain a qualification and real experience at no cost plus they can prepare to "fast track" to their chosen career, especially if they are school based trainees who can receive up to 8 points towards their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE).
What qualifications are available as traineeships?
The list is extensive however Blueprint Career Development offers Certificates II, III and IV in Hospitality and Business under traineeship arrangements. We offer a variety of study option that enable trainees to learn when and where best suits them and your business. Training may be facilitated at work, online, in a classroom or through a combination of all three.
How much does a traineeship cost?
The cost varies between FREE and $3800 depending on the qualification content and trainee. Concession rates apply to school based trainees and health care card holders. Government incentives of approximately $4000 are available for employers of eligible trainees. Approved traineeship qualifications may be achieved with partial or whole funding provided by the Queensland State Governments Department of Employment, Training and Education". If you reside in another State, please give us a call so we can provide you with information about funding that applies in your State.
With the applicable government incentives, it is effectively free to have fully trained and confident staff – what are you waiting for?
How much do I pay a trainee?
The Fair Work Ombudsman has some simple to use Wage Calculators that can be downloaded and used. Alternatively, contact Fair Work Australia on 13 13 94.
Why Blueprint Career Development?
- Flexible and effective way for staff to receive a Nationally Recognised Qualification.
- Structured training provided at times that suit business operations – no need for trainees to attend timetabled and often inconvenient classes.
- Our industry professional trainers come to the workplace to deliver and assess training.
- The employer and trainee select the units of competency best suited to their needs.
- Blended learning techniques including advanced multimedia enable trainees to implement knowledge and skills immediately.
- Learning is paced according to trainee comprehension and business demands.
- Recognition of Prior Learning is offered so trainees who have relevant work or life experience.
- All learning materials and support is provided.
- Government funding incentives is available for eligible trainees. We help simplify the whole process by putting you in touch with key contacts to can assist you with government funding.